Tuesday, October 17, 2006

A Series of YouTubes...

Great article in today's LA times about the power of YouTube and its enormous impact already on media and television and viewing audiences. Loved the line about "the old days...way, way back in 2004."

I'm trying to keep on top of this because I'm writing a episode about a similar video posting/dumping ground website and its impact on the lives of our teenage heroes...but the shit all keeps changing so fast. There's always a danger in trying to write a script hinging on a current cultural phenomenon because by the time it airs, it may already be dated and seem so yesterday - especially in Canada when it could possibly be a year before it is even broadcast...at least a year.

But for now, it's still a cool idea. For now.

BTW, maybe Senator Ted Stevens heard about YouTube and got confused and that's why he described 'the internet' this way.



Just sayin'...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

is this "that thing" you meant? Youtube purchase? Maybe I did miss something haha

wcdixon said...

Sorry dude - just playing wit'ya.

Dizzie said...

I never got the YouTube importance... never use it myself, and I guess you tend to build your world around yourself at my age... LOL