Monday, October 30, 2006

Come Gather 'Round People...

...wherever you roam - and please welcome The Legion Of Decency to the scribosphere. It's just a baby blog learning to crawl but I'm willing to bet it will grow up fast and be one to watch. Hosted by Jim Henshaw, bigtime TV writer/producer and longtime friend and mentor...and already a contributor here at Uninflected - the Riding The Bull monster post from earlier this summer.

Jim gave me (and I'm sure many others) my first freelance tv script hire. I had a few credits but nothing notable and certainly nothing on CBS. It was his word and assurance that made it happen, nothing else. We all need friends like that when we're starting out. But as much as I appreciate the guidance and advice and breaks - it's the too many evenings spent at Shoeless Joe's overanalyzing the Leafs and Blue Jays that I still remember most fondly.
The important things...ya know?

That said, I must be allowed some silent smirking at the handful of industry colleagues who not so long ago were questioning what I was doing blogging and wondering the point of it all...and now many of whom are trying it out for themselves...emailing me and asking how to set one up, do links, embed video, or post pictures.

Ha! Who'd a thunk it...

SONG&ARTIST? - "Come writers and critics
Who prophesize with your pen
And keep your eyes wide
The chance won't come again
And don't speak too soon
For the wheel's still in spin
And there's no tellin' who that it's namin'
For the loser now will be later to win..."

5 comments:

Crashdummie said...

Like so many artist before you Will, you were simply before your time, thus so utterly misunderstood…

Riddley Walker said...

Will Dixon, über-blogger!

Just checked out (and now linked to) Jim's blog. Sounds like a thoroughly decent chap to me.

Disturbingly erudite too, I'd better start writing more coherent stuff, I feel... :-D

wcdixon said...

Yes Jim's decent and a smart, well-spoken mate to boot. But remember...it's just an exhibition, not a competition. If I spent too much time comparing myself to any of the superbloggers out there - I'd have got out of this public writing business long ago.

Good Dog said...

Will,

thanks for the heads-up to Jim's blog. Linked too.

ME said...

Good stuff. Thanks for the recommendation.

PS You are too modest ... must be the writer in you.