Thursday, June 14, 2007

Daddy See, Daddy Due...

Now I don't know if it was reading the Green Paper II, a just released study about the future of television in Canada "that takes a hard look at the truth behind the hype of the last year, particularly the alarm bells warning of the possible break-up of the traditional programming value-chain" and provides "guidance to traditional broadcasters and program producers in making the transition to an on-demand and interactive world", yet it sure seemed more geared toward defending broadcasters 'doing whatever they have to do to survive'....

Or if it was ending my stint at Banff with a conversation that began: "Now, I know I shouldn't be the one to tell you this..." --- words you don't ever want to hear, especially when they're regarding a gig you had high hopes for...

Or my lovely but not that old eldest daughter talking very seriously about wanting to move to New York, or Vancouver, or back to Toronto...

Maybe it been too much jazz lately, and not enough rock n' roll...

Or perhaps it was just the veal --- but to steal a page from the book of McGrath, this Daddy needs to take a little break.

I know I'm sitting on a monster interview with smokin' busy Canuck TV producer and Creative Consultant and Mentor To Many not to mention all round good guy Al Magee...and I owe Julie at Rouge Wave a post from her 'overcoming adversity in this biz' tag...but for right now, it'll just have to wait.

More after the jump.

5 comments:

Juniper said...

:(

Kelly J. Crawford said...

See you after your 24-hour nap, Will.

Diane Kristine Wild said...

Take care, Will - I hope your spirits lift soon. It was great meeting you - part of what made Banff fun for me this year. I'm itching to do something on the "town hall" session about the green paper and I think some bile will be involved.

Dizzie said...

Take your time off - better that then to climb up a church bell tower...

Ed McNamara said...

It was definitely the green paper. Sequels rarely are any good.