Monday, April 16, 2007

Ducks Mighty While Flames Fizzle...

Here's the latest playoff hockey pool update...Henshaw and I will take turns posting the standings a couple of times each week, so as to provide a venue for trash talk to ensue.


1. - Jim Henshaw.........30
2. - Denis McGrath......27
2. - Bill Cunningham....27
2. - Will Dixon............27
2. - Mark Farrell........ 27
2. - Dave Moses..........27
2. - Micah Reid............27
8. - Larry Raskin.........25
9. - Juniper...............23
10. - Michael Foster.....22
11. - John Whaley.........16
11. - Mark Askwith.......16


All I can say is...that's one serious second place log jam, with Turco's shutout the only thing keeping Jim out in front.

But it's still early...waaaay early.

8 comments:

jimhenshaw said...

That would be Turco's shutout and a great deal of additional insight, Mr. Second Place!

Though I must give props to an upstart semi-Southerner like Cunningham crawling to the top of the heap.

Got a feeling I'll still be lead dog when we update over at my place on Thursday.

Juniper said...

4 points behind the organizers.... not bad for someone who started watching hockey because of the shiny blue lights that Fox had on the ice!

.... I'll catch up once Giguere starts playing!?!?!?!?!

Cunningham said...

This blind luck thing seems to be working for me so I'll stick with it.

Systemaddict said...

Anyone who didn't bet on the Luongo led Canucks (have no clue how the format broke down)...is just plain silly.

NUCKS in 5!!!!!!

wcdixon said...

Some pretty snoozy games thus far...I thought the new rules had opened up the game?

And what's up with Nashville getting hosed by the officials...four penalties in a row?

Juniper said...

Tampa sure pulled through for Mark last night.

They didn't do anything for me (no points) except keep the damn Devils from a win, which is all right with me!

Anonymous said...

I seriously need a Luongo shut out tonight if I am to stay relevant.

wcdixon said...

Go RANGERS!