Sunday, April 22, 2007

Catch Up Tag...

I've been tagged a few times recently, but have avoided doing them as long as possible without being insulting....mostly because everyone knows pretty much everything about me and I really don't have many goals (work more often and live longer are two that are really out of my control). And as Woody Allen said: "I don't want to achieve immortality through my work... I want to achieve immortality through not dying."

But in an effort to be compliant yet efficient, I'm going to try to combine Five Things Nobody Knows About Me with Five Goals I Have.


1) wear different clothes - I tend to purchase a couple of changes of clothing, and then wear them until they're completely worn out. It doesn't really bother me much - the fact I don't really excrete any body odor is probably a factor - but I'm sure it must annoy others close to me. And having one of the kids recently state: "Yer wearing that shirt again?" shall be taken as a sign.

2) get rougher hands - I have incredibly soft hands (or so I've been told), mostly because I haven't done a hard days work since painting houses and digging up patios for a landscaping company in my late teens/early 20's. I've heard rough hands are a turn on so the quest is on for callouses...

3) lift more weights - I have an incredible aversion to working out...though am plenty happy to take a stroll somewhere, or walk a golf course, or join a pickup game of basketball or baseball - but only if there's a clear objective (get somewhere, shoot a good score, win the game). Exercise for the sake of exercise is not part of my makeup...but shall look at it like an experiment and see what happens. Maybe I'll get some callouses out of it all...

4) smile more often - I have a relatively serious disposition, and it takes something really uniquely funny to make me laugh. it's nothing personal, that's just me...but also know the value of 'a smile' (especially for children) and need to produce happy faces more often, even if just for show.

5) travel further away - I've been all over North America, but I've never traveled overseas....haven't really been interested in it to be quite honest. But as I get older and time whisks by, I've been feeling an urge to go check out the U.K. or Europe or Australia. I know, not very adventurous....but one step at a time.


I don't 'tag', but take a swing should you feel compelled.

1 comment:

Kelly J. Crawford said...

Well, that was entertaining and informative. Thanks for playing along, Will.