Friday, June 20, 2008

Gooooooooaaaaaaalllll(s)...Of Blogging

This blogging as hobby but a form of networking thing still continues to pleasantly surprise me. As happened last year, I had a lot of people at Banff last week pull me aside to say hello and that they read the blog all the time. In fact, I found it almost disconcerting that maybe 2 out of 5 people I met randomly had heard of 'Will Dixon'...but on more than one occasion someone in the group would pipe up: 'Oh, he's Uninflected Images...", and then more like 4 out of 5 would say "Ohhhhhh!" (in a good way).

And when I asked why they read, one young aspiring writer from out West described this blog as a kinda cool stream of consciousness thing about the industry, and a great compliment to Dead Things, Complications, and The Legion.

So I got that going for me...which is nice.

And the networking factor extends far beyond this continent...for example, English Dave (whose most excellent UK blog Was It Something I Wrote? continues to shine) posts about finding himself on the set of Bones over in London the other day...says hello to Hart, and my name/blog comes up as common ground...very cool.

So with across the pond in mind, Euro 2008 soccer is down to the final games...so Friday Fun has to be this announcer...



GOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAL!!!!

Because it makes me smile...

No comments: