Tuesday, October 14, 2008

He Won't Stand Still!!

So, one national election down (a disappointment but not a shock - we are so spread out as a country with so many parties to choose from, I predict minority governments will continue to be the norm...and I don't know if that's necessarily a good thing. It feels kinda...half-assed, if you know what I mean, though that may be what we deserve after the lowest voter turn-out in our nation's history), one more national election to go...

And as I watched CNN speculate over the weekend and today with story after story wondering whether color or 'race' will be a factor in the US presidential election (more like 'how much of a factor it's going to be', I'm sad to say)...I couldn't help but remember this classic Eddie Murphy bit:



I'd like to think that we've all come a lot further in terms of acceptance and tolerance and 'color-blindness' since 1982 (yes...1982...when Murphy was only like 20 and funny as hell), but when it comes to the USofA, I'm really really doubtful.

Although here in Canada, the majority/minority? seemed colour-blind to Harper's sweaters, so perhaps there's still hope.

1 comment:

DMc said...

Aw yes, Will. Sure. The hope is Canada.

uh uh.

Get used to it.

YES WE CAN!
YES WE CAN!
YES WE cAN!

The City on the Hill's coming back, Bitches!