Sunday, January 14, 2007

Overviews, Reviews, and Previews...

...scrolling the blogs and found some new links worth pointing out - film/tv craftspeople, for the most part. Over at Beaming Beeman you can read posts from Greg Beeman, a director on the 'Heroes' tv series. Very cool insider stuff. And am sure you are all aware of Doris Egan's blog, Tightrope Walker, where she talks about writing and writing the tv show 'House'. The CSI Miami writers pipe up occasionally on the show's Writer Blog (not called 'Watcha got!', surprisingly). And best new blog title goes to The Alan Smithee Experiment - yet another anonymous Hollywood insider.

'24' kicked off a new season tonight....not much more to say than wow...though I wish Fox hadn't pulled back so much on their budget. I mean, spend some money guys! Sheesh...

And finishing putting together an interview/dialogue/discussion with one of my all time favourite people...ex-Canuck tv goldenboy now living-in-LA tv goldenboy, Hart Hanson. A most excellent writer/producer with extensive credits on 'Traders', 'Road To Avonlea', 'North of 60', 'Cupid', 'Snoops', showrunning 'Judging Amy' and 'Joan of Arcadia', and is presently creator and showrunner of the Fox hit 'Bones'...(not to mention like 7 Gemini's (Canada's Emmy) for tv writing). Hopefully, Hart's interesting, entertaining, and funny self will translate here to the blog (or it'll be a complete bust...if so, blame me).

Let's put it this way...you know you've achieved a 'cool factor' when Rob Thomas of 'Veronica Mars' fame names a character after you....

Here's a good interview Hart gave to Underground Online's Daniel Epstein back when Bones just getting going...and another he gave Diane at Unified Theory of Nothing Much around the same time. Read them to get some backstory...

And stay tuned...


p.s. - yes, it's frakin' cold...

3 comments:

Crashdummie said...

That was way cool - having a VM name... I think I just found my hero of the week ;)

Thanx for the links Will

ME said...

I have a writer crush on Hart. I also hate him because he got to Kathy Reichs before I did. Bring him on, Will. Looking forward to it. I am sure he has lots of knowledge to share. I think I may actually have done PR on a show he was on a few years back.

Kelly J. Crawford said...

'24' kicked off a new season tonight....not much more to say than wow...though I wish Fox hadn't pulled back so much on their budget. I mean, spend some money guys! Sheesh...


The poor souls. I mean, the lean budget is really starting to show, eh?

KJC (who would kill her own grandmother to get one-fifth of what they got for her own show)

http://www.showbizprgirl.blogspot.com