Monday, September 22, 2008

Why TV Indeed

Jane at If This Is LA I Must Be A Screenwriter has saddled me with the Why TV? meme that's been travelling around lately:

"What made you want to be a TV writer? Was there a defining moment? Was it an awakening? Did you always know?"

And not wanting to be a poop, here's what I can say...


I enjoy writing, but since I'm not much of a journalist, a really lousy novelist, a mediocre blogger, a bad playwright, an 'only occasionally' feature film writer, and a lame poet (not to mention a rather slow 'plink plink' typist), where does that leave me?

I still like to tell stories, even seem to have a bit of a knack for it...so why TV? Well, in the immortal words of Zack Mayo (Richard Gere) in An Officer And A Gentlemen...

"I got nowhere else to go!!"





This meme stops here.

No comments: