Friday, April 04, 2008

You Know You're Getting Older When...

...they start asking you to present the awards at a festival, instead of you receiving them.

But did my duty and wearing the Super Channel hat delivered last night at the 2008 Saskatchewan Showcase Awards... first time I've ever given out a trophy to anyone I believe...it was kewl.

Congrats to the team behind the Andrea Menard songfest The Velvet Devil which pretty much swept the evening. And as much as I am uncomfortable speaking in front of large groups of people, managed to kibitz with the original guitar hero/ Guitarman Jack Semple. Got some laughs. Bonus. And it was great to see a lot of old familiar faces again, plus some of the new up and comers. And though I've had my issues with Showcase in the past...bygones...I kept my remarks short and sweet...didn't start ranting and pull a Cartman at least...



Because he makes me smile...

No comments: