Friday, June 16, 2006

Someone Call A Towtruck, Please...

Could you pull this car off of me? The one that ran over me yesterday and remain stalled on my head...

That's how you feel after spending half a week at the Banff tv fest, or any tv/film festival or marketplace for that matter. As A. Epstein posted, it really is like three months of meetings in three days. You're constantly working the room, being 'up' and entertaining and interesting (you hope) all day and night long. It's exhausting, yet also invigorating. Part of you is glad its behind you and you can get back to 'real life', and part of you wishes it could be like that all the time.
Ah, life as a freelancer...

Well, now it's the requisite follow-ups and a lot of 'wait and see' patience....and maybe a nap.


EDIT: Finally got to watch 'Entourage' Season 3 premiere...and I bet they spend more on music per ep than the cost of an entire episode of 'Corner Gas'...but it rocked, as usual.



SONG & ARTIST? - I don't mind you coming here
and wasting all my time
'cause when you're standing oh so near
I kinda lose my mind
It's not the perfume that you wear
It's not the ribbons in your hair...

4 comments:

Dizzie said...

Hey Will!

Nap away - and when you wake up again, surf over to my site... you love asking 'name song and artist', so let's say that the post titled 'The Messy Music list' is a tribute to you! ;)

Let's see how many you'll get correct!

kathi said...

I don't know who did it, but it's Just What I Needed...yes?? Do I partially win?? :)

Callaghan said...

THE CARS!

wcdixon said...

Joint winners indeed - kathi and cal